|Key Required Skills:
Systems Development Life Cycle methodologies, Scrum and Agile implementations, Scrum of Scale implementation experience, Certifications: CSM, CSPO, CSP, CST, CSC
- As Scrum Master, Acts as a Servant Leader for the team.
- Facilitates core Agile ceremonies including Release Planning, Release Closeout, Sprint Planning, Sprint Review, Daily Stand up, and Sprint Retrospective.
- Manages Agility (Version One) Tool and obtains data for feedback on Team’s performance. Also Ensures team members are making proper data entry into Version One to achieve compliance with Version One Data Integrity Report
- Works with the Project Manager (PM) to ensure Sprint Planning and execution aligns to committed schedule and deliverables.
- Works with the Product Owner (PO) and Solution Architect (SA), and support areas to ensure backlog and user stories are ready for next Release and Sprint Planning
- Assists team members to resolve impediments, issues, and reduce disruptions when possible.
- Motivates team members to self-organize and helps the team reach its goals and objectives.
- Be responsible for a practical level of consistency across Agile projects and participate in all the Agile ceremonies
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, or a related field
- Masters or Doctorate degree may substitute for required experience
- Experience using one or more Systems Development Life Cycle methodologies (i.e. Agile, Waterfall models, etc.)
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience as a Scrum Master
- Strong communication skills
- Extensive applicable knowledge of facilitation techniques, training and application of coaching tools, and models
- Minimum 3 years of software delivery experience, with at least 2 years delivering projects using Agile development approaches
- Experience with implementing and maintaining Agile project performance metrics and reporting
- Experience using Scrum and one or more common Agile implementations (i.e., Kanban, Lean, etc.)
- Experience designing Agile training materials (e.g., Agile Introduction, ScrumMaster, Product Owner, or Understanding User Stories)
- Experience with Agility (VersionOne) to document Agile project workloads
- Experience with VersionOne/Agility to document Agile project workloads
- Contractor personnel must have familiarity with the Agile and Waterfall principles of software development
Recommended Technical Skills:
1. Iterative Development – Understand the general fundamentals of various iterative software development approaches. Understand other agile/scrum processes and methods and the ability to communicate leverage other techniques to provide value to a team/enterprise.
2. Technical Acumen – Technical background in project management, systems analysis, or software development (software engineer, software tester, business analyst).
3. Delivery – Understand the goal of continuous delivery and challenges associated with increasing release velocity within an organization.
4. Metrics – Understand backlog tracking, burn-down metrics, velocity, and task definition. Also understand the pros and cons associated with the metrics and what the metrics indicate.
- Some experience as an Agile coach
- Strong organizational skills
- Demonstrated success in driving Agile maturity in IT organization(s)
- Expertise in written, listening, note taking and verbal communication skills, including being able to explain technical concepts to non-technical individuals
- Scrum of Scale implementation experience
- Experience with the Social Security Administration (SSA) and collaborating with various rolls within the agency