Position Title SMARTS Engineer
Typically requires BS degree and 8-12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6-10 years of prior relevant
USC GC GC EAD
Vendor Notes Preference is local candidates, east coast time REMOTE
Key Required Skills:
SMARTS enterprise network monitoring system, Unix systems administration, VMWare systems administration
• Planning, project management, project monitoring, and implementation of the network monitoring system.
• Test, validate, modify, and integrate various scripts, programs, software and other components to improve the functionality and effectiveness of the network monitoring and management platforms.
• Maintain network performance management documents and status reports.
• Research, test, and validate new network performance monitoring platform.
• Research, test, and improve the performance of existing network performance monitoring platform.
• Create and maintain scripts, APIs, custom coded applications and software to ensure optimum performance and effectiveness of the network monitoring platforms.
• Create and maintain Visio diagrams of the monitoring devices and their placement.
• Work with advanced technical principles, theories, and concepts.
• Challenge with working on complex technical problems and providing innovative solutions.
• Work with highly experienced and technical resources.
• All other duties as assigned or directed.
• 10 years of experience or more as a Network Engineer focusing on network performance management.
• 7 years of experience with SMARTS enterprise network monitoring system, with at least 3 years specific to implementation and configuration of SMARTS tool.
• 4 years of experience with RHEL combine between versions 7 and 8.
• 4 years of experience with a high-level scripting language such as Python or Perl.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Expertise in the Linux command-line environment.
• VMWare systems administration.
• MS Visio experience creating Network Diagrams.
• MS Project, creating and updating project plans.
• Ability to produce operational documentation using industry best practices in technical writing.
• Ability to program in a Java enterprise (J2EE) environment using platforms such as Java Server Faces v2 (JSF 2), Enterprise Java Beans v3 (EJB 3), Java-based Ajax library.
• Cisco Certifications such as CCNP or CCIE.
• RedHat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA).
• Demonstrated experience growing, maintaining, problem monitoring and engineer problem resolutions.
• Experience developing best practice project plans, engineering scripts, and documentation for network performance management.
• Prior Federal government experience.
• Self-starter, highly motivated individual who adapts and isn’t afraid to volunteer in a dynamic work environment.
• Strong attention to detail with an ability to operate effectively across multiple priorities.
• Typically requires BS degree and 8-12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6-10 years of prior relevant experience.
• Must be able to obtain a Public Trust
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org